Thursday, January 4, 2007

A fun day of SNOWBOARDING!!!

So today I headed up the moutain with two of my friends, Kyla and her boyfriend Christopher. They were both experiencing snowboarding for the first time today :) So I was the instructor. Chris was doing pretty good for a beginner...Kyla...umm...well I'll tell ya this, it took us 45 minutes to get down the bunny-hill and one set of tears :( Wahoo we made it the to easy green chair, but uh-oh someone is afraid of heights (not me) no worries we made it to the top....ready Kyla? We're going to get off the chair lift now...WHAMO! And she's down for the count! And here are the tears again...let's go sit down on the bench Kyla. So Chris helps her over to the bench...she then wants to know if there is another way down other than boarding...hahaha Chris says, "yeah, walk!" So Kyla mustered up some courage and was off to a good start. We are almost to the bottom and home free in Kyla's eyes and WHAMO! Yard sale hosted by Kyla! Uh oh...tears again...and she's done! We took a lunch break at that point and Chris and I thought we could convince her to try skiing instead...umm NO! Well, not today anyway...her butt was a bit too sore and well thank goodness she had a helmet on or she would have had a really bad headache to accompany that sore bootie! Kyla was a good sport and let Chris and I hit the slopes for a couple more hours :) Good thing Chris got her the Pink Nintendo DS she begged for :) It kept her entertained! Kyla, I think, was a bit bummed out that she missed out on some fun so she would like to go back up next weekend to try tubing! I think that's a great idea - so tubing on Saturday it shall be! And I know she'll rock at that!!! Just like she's going to rock at skiing when she goes! Oh and incase you're wondering she did get a free day of rentals and lift ticket because she only did one run - wahooo! Well, that's all folks...until my date tomorrow night...he's so cute, already he made us reservations at The Keg :) And asked me when I thought would be a good time...love that...caring what works for me too! Wish me luck, most have been duds lately hehehe.

PS When Kyla sends me some pics I'll finally post something in visual form :) I never think to bring my camera anywhere...I know crazy hey?

No comments: