Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Long Weekend!

I had a very busy long weekend. Friday night started with a "Mill Party" - this is a party that my Dad's work puts on and it's down on the ocean and there is great food, a live band (That's 70's Band) and cheap booze ;) Then Saturday I was asked to play in an orthodox softball tournament as the team was short girls. So I played in two games - even made a double play!

Sunday and Monday is when the real fun happened! I caught the 10:30 am boat over to Vancouver to have my handsome man pick me up. We started off with lunch at a pub in Horseshoe Bay - met a VERY friendly man from Ireland! Then we headed back to Ty's place for a dip in the pool - so refreshing. We decided to head to the grocery store to get some ingredients for what was to be a lovely dinner made by Ty and dessert by me! I made a peach crumble...and Ty, ofcourse out does me all the time, he made a pasta with pesto sauce, asparagas, tomatoes, prawns and then on the side he made wicked garlic mushrooms and garlic bread! Wow! The man can cook!

We then put our warmer clothes on and grabbed the blanket to head down to the waterfront for FIREWORKS! I had such a great time just laying around with Ty just chatting and being silly - the best way to be :) I loved that night :)

Side note: what I didn't love about that night was the stupid Canada Day tatoo I ripped off my face and took my skin with it!!!! Yeah, wedding on Saturday and I have a huge scab on my face! Not impressed!

Monday was also VERY fun. Ty told me to pack up and we were off...I guessed about 5 minutes later where we were headed (cause I'm soooo S-M-R-T!) We went to this place out in Abbotsford called Castle Fun Park. We went in the batting cages, played mini-golf (I won - hahaha sorry Ty) and we played the silly games inside that spit out tickets if you do well - I think we all know what I'm referring to? Then we headed back out to Tswwassen to the beach and I took him for dinner at Alfa's, a Greek restaurant.

I really enjoyed myself - minus the tatoo incident!
Thanks for the fun Ty!




No comments: